Christmas is a PAGAN not a Christian festival.
- Christmas is a PAGAN not a Christian festival.
- The 25th December was celebrated in ancient days as the birthday of the unconquerable SUN god, (variously know as Tammuz, Mithra, Saturn, Adonis or BAAL) centuries before Jesus Christ was born in Bethlehem.
- Nowhere in the Bible are believers in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob required to celebrate Christmas.
- The early Christian church did not celebrate Christmas. Instead it celebrated the sacred festivals mentioned in the Bible, in Leviticus chapter 23.
- In order to win Gentile converts to the Christian faith, the Roman Church, centuries after the apostolic era, adopted this ancient pagan winter festival of the SUN god and renamed it ‘Christmas’ mistakenly thinking that it would honour the SON of God.
- Scholars have for centuries known these facts. They can be confirmed in any reference library.
THANK YOU! I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO POST THIS! I went on a wild rant the other day about how Christmas was a “stolen” holiday.
Yes it may be, but you all need to respect others even if even if they don’t respect you, because I respect you and I feel like you aren’t respecting me.
No one’s disrespecting you by educating themselves about the origins of Christmas traditions.
I posted this to show the true history behind the event. Not just the biased, biblical version that we all know so well.
I find it interesting to learn about things from different aspects.
Learning is not disrespectful, no one has slandered you or your religion (not that I’vse seen anyway, I certainly haven’t and I was the original poster), all I have done is post an alternative historical view of Christmas time.
Also, Christians based their whole “Son of God” belief system on an ancient Pagan belief too. I just think that side of this time should also be told, seeing as it’s hyped up to be the celebration of the birth of Jesus, even though that idea was also stolen.
Each to their own though :). This information was just rather eye-opening!
Kinda hard to have shepherds out in the fields in the northern hemisphere during December. So they co-opted a holiday long ago to appear mainstream and gain followers. If you were a struggling religion fighting for survival, you’d probably do something similar.
Even though I know His birthday isn’t 12/24/1 I’m still going to take time the next two days and celebrate it anyway.